Scholarships & Expenses
Scholarships For New Students
Global Beca International Student Scholarship
This is a scholarship for new international students ranging from $250 up to the full cost of tuition for one year. To apply, please follow the steps here.
Scholarships For Current Students
We have more than 50 institutional scholarships available to Skyline College international students! The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Steps to Apply for Institutional Scholarship:
- Go to https://smccd.academicworks.com/
- Click on “Sign-up” on the top right corner of the page to start your application.
- You need a reference, personal statement and an unofficial transcript to complete the application.
- Your reference will receive an e-mail with a link where he/she will submit a letter or recommendation for your scholarship application. Give an advance notice to your reference!
- After completing the application, the Scholarship Committee will match up your eligibilities with all institutional scholarships. You do not have to submit multiple applications.
If you have any questions please email the Scholarship Coordinator Jenny Yang or call (650) 738-4266.
Students can also apply for scholarships offered by external organizations. Most external organizations select their scholarship recipients themselves and may have a deadline different from the Skyline College Institutional Scholarships. Check the Financial Aid Office Website for the list of external scholarships available to Skyline College students.
International students need at least US $23,500 per academic year to cover school and living expenses. Excluding all travel expenses, approximately US $11,750 per semester is required. Additional funds must be available for those who plan to remain in the United States during the summer. College fees are due and payable at the time of registration.
Costs are estimates based on the 2017/2018 academic year and are subject to change.
|Expense||Cost per Semester
|Cost per Year
(12 Units @ $282 per unit)
*Including Foreign Student Tuition, Capital Outlay Fee and Enrollment Fee.
|$3,384 USD||$6,768 USD|
**Int’l students are required to purchase the pre-approved health insurance plan.
|$684 USD||$1,368 USD|
|Living Expenses (based on 10-month home stay)||$6,375 USD||$12,750 USD|
|Books and Supplies||$300 USD||$600 USD|
|Local Public Transportation||$320 USD||$640 USD|
|Miscellaneous||$687 USD||$1,374 USD|
|Total||$11,750 USD||$23,500 USD|
NOTE: If you are bringing a dependent, add the following costs:
- Spouse: $4,500
- 1 child/no spouse: $3,500
- Each additional child: $2,000