Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation which ensures that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. Visit the San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation website to learn more.
Skyline College Promise Scholarship
Learn more about the Skyline College Promise and the Promise Scholarship, which covers a number of student fees after financial aid awards for qualifying students.
2016-2017 Scholarship Application
The 2016-2017 Scholarship Application has now closed. All scholarship applicants will be notified in mid-April. The Scholarship Recognition & Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 4:00pm.
If you have any questions please email the Scholarship Coordinator Jenny Yang or call (650) 738-4266.
- Visit our table and get valuable information about scholarships
- Complete a scholarship questionnaire and get FREE fresh popped Peter’s Kettle Corn
- Sponsored by ASSC (Associated Students of Skyline College) and the Financial Aid Office
- Date: Monday, November 16, 2015
- Time: 11:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Quad
Helpful Hints and Advice – Scholarship Applications
- Certificate of Attendance will be available
- Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015
- Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Bldg. 2 – Room 2117B
Personal Statement Workshop for Scholarships
|October 27, 2015||11:00 – 12:00 p.m.||5115|
|November 18, 2015||11:00 – 12:00 p.m.||5115|
|December 2, 2015||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||5115|
|February 1, 2016||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||5115|
|February 10, 2016||12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||5115|
Scholarship Application Labs
|Every Tuesday||1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||2117B|
|Every Wednesday||4:00 – 5:30 p.m.||2117B|
Most external organizations select their scholarship recipients themselves and may have a deadline different from the Skyline College and SMCCCD Foundation Scholarships.
- External Scholarships List
- Scholarships for students without a Social Security Number (list provided by E4FC)
- Personal Statement
- MALDEF Scholarship Resources
- Teacher.org – Scholarships for teachers
- I Can Afford College "Watch & Win' sweepstakes (due May 29, 2016)
- Bay Area SMACNA Scholarship Trust Fund (due May 31, 2016)
- Akash and Shai Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund (due June 17, 2016)
For more tips on searching for scholarships, please visit:
- Student must go to My AmeriCorps Website and electronically submit a request indicating Skyline College as their school.
- Student must be registered for classes in the semester they are requesting funds for.
Please note: To ensure proper and timely payment of your award, it is our practice to accept only one Americorps award request per term. Skyline College must see that you are enrolled in at least 0.5 units for the term you are requesting. If you are not enrolled, your request will be denied. Your award is then pending the release of federal funds to Skyline College.
Timeline for Americorps Scholarships
- The process may take up to 6 weeks
- Email Financial Aid Director Regina Morrison once you complete your electronic voucher
- A check will be mailed to Skyline College's Financial Aid Office (2 weeks)
- Check requisition forwarded to Cashiers Office (2 weeks)
- A check will be mailed to student's address on file with the Admissions & Records Office (1-2 weeks)
- Please note: mailing address can be updated through your WebSMART account
Payment Schedule for Financial Aid and Other Scholarship Payments
There are two major payment days at the beginning and at the mid-point of each semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates. These are followed by secondary payment dates every week to pay students who were not previously ready for payment. For disbursement dates, please see the Financial Aid Status page.
If you have any questions, please email Financial Aid Director Regina Morrison or call (650) 738-4350.
How do I pay for a study abroad experience?
Study abroad can seem expensive, but there are sources of financial aid available to help with the costs. Please visit the Study Abroad website for more information.