Check Your Aid Status
You can check on your financial aid status through WebSMART. For problems logging in, visit Login Help.
Check unsatisfied requirements
- Login to WebSMART.
- Click on the “Financial Aid” Tab
- Click “My Eligibility"
- Click "Student Requirements"
- Select "Aid Year" (Example: Select 2022-2023 for Fall 2022)
- Review "Unsatisfied Requirements"
- Complete unsatisfied requirements and/or submit documents listed
- Please answer these two questions (Yes or No):
- Authorization to pay non-institutional charges (health fee, student body fee, etc.)
- Authorization to pay prior year charges (any previous balance up to $200.00)
Verifique los requisitos insatisfechos:
- Iniciar sesión en WebSMART
- Elija el menú de "Ayuda Financiera"
- Haga clic en "My Eligibility"
- Haga clic en "Requisitos del Estudiante"
- Seleccionar "Año de Ayuda" (Ejemplo: Select 2022-2023 for Fall 2022)
- Haga clic en el enlace "Requisito Insatisfecho"
- Completa los requisitos y envianos sus documentos
- Conteste las dos preguntas (Si o No):
- Autorizacion para pagar non-institutional charges (health fee, student body fee, etc.)
- Autorizacion para pagar cargos del año anterior (cualquiere cargo hasta $200.00)
Access your Award Letter:
- Login to WebSMART
- Choose the Financial Aid Menu
- Click on My Award Information
- Click on Award By Aid Year
- Select aid year and click submit
- Click on Award Overview tab
*Amounts listed on your Award letter are based on full-time enrollment status. The amount disbursed will be prorated based on your actual enrollment.
Acceda a “My Award Information”:
- Iniciar sesión en WebSMART
- Haga clic el Menú de Ayuda Financiera
- Haga clic en My Award Information
- Haga clic En Año de la Ayuda
- Seleccionar el año de ayuda y haga clic en enviar
- Haga clic en Award Overview
Update Program of Study:
- Login to WebSMART
- Choose the Student tab
- Click on Update Student Program of Study
- Select Term and Submit
- Update Educational Goal
- Complete Choose New Area of Study section and Submit
Actualizar el programa de estudio
- Iniciar sesión enWebSMART
- Elija la pestaña Estudiante
- Haga clic en Update Student Program of Study
- Seleccionar plazo y enviar
- Actualizar Objetivo Educativo
- Complete la sección Elegir Nueva Área de Estudio y envíe
All financial aid funds are disbursed on scheduled dates each term. Federal grants (Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant) disburses twice each term with 50% of the scheduled award being disbursed on or after each scheduled date based on the student's enrollment level and program eligibility. Federal Direct Loans are also disbursed in two payments based on the approved loan period. Cal Grant funds are disbursed in a single payment each term on the second scheduled disbursement date of the semester.
Learn more about options for receiving your financial aid on the Disbursement Website.
|Loan Type||Fall Payment Dates||Spring Payment Dates|
|Direct Loans* - Full Year Loan Period||August 13, 2021||January 13, 2022|
|Direct Loan* - One Semester Loan Period||
Fall Only Loan:
August 13, 2021
October 22, 2021
Spring Only Loan:
January 13, 2022
March 25, 2022
|*Direct Loan Note: All first time borrowers will be subject to a 30-day delay on their first loan disbursement. The 30-day period begins on the first day of the term, not of the loan application or approval date.|
All disbursed financial aid money will be first applied towards current institutional fees you may owe Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline College such as enrollment fees, health fees and non-resident tuition. For the majority of students, your financial aid award is generally more than the amount owed, and you will be paid the remaining balance, commonly referred to as a financial aid refund.
- Application is completed prior to start of term
- Enrolled in the required number of units at least one week prior to start of term
- Not subject to disqualification
- Have no holds
- All first time borrowers will be subject to a 30-day delay on their first loan disbursement.
- The 30-day period begins on the first day of the term, not of the loan application or approval date.
- To cancel or reduce your loan amount, you must submit a written request to the Financial Aid Office 15 business days prior to the disbursement.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
Financial Aid Office Policy
Students must present a valid picture I.D. when asking questions and submitting documentation to our office. The Financial Aid Office is currently accepting documentation via DropBox. Please include valid picture I.D, your Name and G- Number on all documents. If mailing documents, you must include a legible copy of a valid picture I.D. and include name and G-Number on all documents.
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.