Auditing a Class
Skyline College allows auditing of courses, with the exception of courses in programs
that require special preparation and/or program admission on a limited basis. A student
may audit a course only under the following circumstances:
- The student must have previously enrolled for credit for the maximum number of times
allowed for the particular course.
- The instructor of record for the course must approve the student’s enrollment as an
- The student must be in good academic standing.
- If the course is offered for variable units, the student must enroll for the maximum
number of units available.
- The student must enroll as an auditor immediately following the published late registration
period and pay the auditing fee.
Students who wish to audit a course may enroll the week after the late registration
period is concluded, though with the instructor’s permission they are able to attend
the course from the first-class meeting. If you would like to audit a course, complete
the Audit Course Request available on the Admissions & Records Forms Page