Promise Scholars Program
This is more than a scholarship.
The Promise Scholars Program (PSP) is a completion and retention support program that dramatically increases graduation rates for participating scholars by providing resources and services that support student success and completion. Specifically, the program provides each scholar with up to three years of the following support:
- Financial Support: Fee waivers (tuition), book vouchers, and monthly incentives (transportation or grocery)
- Personalized Counseling: Dedicated counselors who work very closely with students to support their academic, transfer, career and personal goals.
- Community Events and Workshops: Group events and workshops to help students navigate our college system, prepare for their next step after Skyline, and provide a friendly “home” on campus.
- Academic Support: priority enrollment every semester and blocked courses to ensure students have access to their preferred course schedules.
Interested in Joining? PSP is open to anyone who:
- can commit to full-time study (12 units or more) for the duration of the program
- is a first-time college student, or a student who has not earned a college degree elsewhere, and who has earned 15 units or less at SMCCCD (dual-enrollment units and Middle College units are not included in this limit)
- is seeking a degree or certificate from Skyline College
- is a resident of California, or have attended a California state high school, GED, or adult continuation program