Although Skyline College Assessment Center is CLOSED currently as part of the SMCCCD's emergency response for the health and safety of the community, online assessment services continues without interference. Please follow the assessment services links below.
Assessment is about finding your starting point in college. If you plan to earn a degree or certificate, transfer to a four-year institution, or take a math or English course, you may need to assess your skill level before you register for classes.
Skyline College offers students multiple measures assessment to determine your appropriate English/ESOL and math course recommendations. Depending upon your student type will determine your next step for assessment.
How to get started
Please start with your English/Math Assessment Request if you are:
- First-time college student
- High school graduating senior (completed at least the Fall term)
- Transferring to Skyline College from another college (other than Cañada College or College of San Mateo)
- Returning/ Former students from Skyline, CSM, or Canada
- Continuing student from Skyline, CSM, or Canada
Please start with scheduling an Assessment Appointment (*see below) if you are:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) student
- International student
Please start with your High School English/ Math Placement if you are:
- 9th - 12th grade Concurrent enrollment student
*Due to the Assessment lab closure, please email us your full name, student ID number, and the choice of ENGLISH, ESOL, or MATH to schedule an assessment appointment.