Assessment is about finding your starting point in college. If you plan to earn a degree or certificate, transfer to a four-year institution, or take a math or English course, you may need to assess your skill level before you register for classes.
Skyline College offers students multiple measures assessment to determine your appropriate English/ESOL and math course recommendations. Depending upon your student type will determine your next step for assessment.
How to get started
Please start with your English/Math Assessment Request if you are:
- First-time college student
- High school graduating senior
- Transfer into Skyline College student
Please start with scheduling an Assessment Appointment if you are:
- High School concurrent enrollment student
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) student
- International student
Please start with your Assessment Re-Evaluation Request if you are:
- Returning/ Former student
- Continuing from Skyline College, CSM, or Cañada College student