Concurrent Enrollment Program
Start earning college credit as a high school student!
Are you a high school or home-schooled student interested in academic classes being offered at Skyline College? Start taking college level courses now and earn college credit that you can apply to your degree or certificate.
The College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program is an enrichment program designed to provide current high school students, who are enrolled in the 9th grade or above, the opportunity to get an early start on their college education. Students will receive college credit for all coursework successfully completed while still in high school, and in some courses, you can earn both high school and college credits.
5 Steps to Concurrent Enrollment
Apply to Skyline College using a California Community Colleges OpenCCC account. OpenCCC is a service of the California Community Colleges Chancellors Office. The information in your account is kept private and secure.
Meet with your high school counselor for course recommendations, to discuss which courses are eligible for credit towards high school graduation, and to receive your counselor’s approval.
Fill out the College Connection Course Request Form with your counselor and obtained the required signature from the designated school official.
Do I have to take a placement test?
If you are intending to take any Math, English, or Chemistry classes or any classes with a prerequisite in Math or English, you must take an Assessment test to determine your ability in college course(s). Students are strongly advised to take the Math or English assessment test to determine their ability to benefit from college level courses. To schedule a test, please visit the Assessment Center website.
Access the College Connection Course Request Form
Once complete, the Course Request form can be uploaded to the Admissions and Records Office, through your WebSMART student portal. Make sure that the form is filled out completely and you have obtained all the required permissions to attend.
- Save or scan a copy of your College Connection Course Request Form to a device that will allow you to upload (desktop, phone, tablet)
- Log into WebSMART at websmart.smccd.edu
- Your ID number is your college issued “G-number.” Include the “G” when entering.
- Your PIN is your date of birth in the order of MMDDYY (You will be asked to change your PIN once you log in.)
- Select: Student Services
- Select: College Connection Course Request Form
- Follow the steps to upload your Course Request Form and SUBMIT
- Please contact Admissions if you have any problems submitting your request.
- Kelly Li
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (650) 738-4462
Once your Course Request Form has been approved, you will receive an email containing information regarding the registration process and when to register for classes. You can also view your registration date on your WebSMART account.