Federal Work Study
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a need-based and federally-funded program that allows students opportunities to earn money through employment to help pay education expenses.
Due to limited funding, students that meet minimum requirements are not guaranteed FWS award.
**Please note Federal Work-Study has paused hiring for on-campus jobs to budget capacity. Off-campus community service jobs are still open for hiring**
- FWS will be offered on a first-come first-served basis while funds are available
- Hourly rates between $16.20 - $21.37 depending on position, job duties, and length of employment
- All positions require background checks and Tuberculosis (TB) screening/test
If you have questions, contact the FWS Coordinator Elisabeth Osai at firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Work-Study Process
- Meet all five minimum requirements (listed above)
- Search and apply for FWS positions on the Skyline College Student Job Board. Apply for multiple positions!
- The hiring supervisor will contact you if you are selected for an interview. Visit our Career Readiness & Job Placement website for upcoming job-readiness events.
- If you are selected for a position:
- Complete the Student Assistant Welcome Packet (Hiring Packet)
- Schedule LiveScan Fingerprinting and Tuberculosis (TB) screening/test
- Complete FWS Orientation and FWS Contract
How to Confirm Eligibility
Check if you satisfy all financial aid requirements:
- On WebSMART, select Financial Aid > My Eligibility > Student Requirements to view any Unsatisfied Requirements.
- Submit or complete any unsatisfied requirements. If all requirements are Satisfied, you are eligible.
Check if you have Unmet Financial Need:
- On WebSMART, select Financial Aid > My Overall Status of Financial Aid to view your estimated cost of attendance and awarded financial aid.
- Your cost of attendance minus your awarded financial aid is your unmet need.
- Submit an FWS Employment Request Form to the FWS Coordinator Elisabeth Osai at email@example.com
- Your position will be placed on the Skyline College Student Job Board
- Review applications and conduct interviews
- To ensure FWS eligibility, you may send list of applicants to FWS Coordinator for confirmation
- Notify FWS Coordinator of hired student(s)
- The FWS Coordinator will work with student to complete Student Assistant Welcome Packet (Hiring Packet), LiveScan Fingerprinting and Tuberculosis (TB) screening/test, Orientation and Contract.
- The FWS Coordinator to send PAF to supervisor for appropriate signatures (i.e. Dean)
- The FWS Coordinator will send completed PAF included with student start date and Student Assistant Welcome Packet to Payroll
For more information regarding the Federal Work-Study, contact: