Forms and Information for Faculty
The San Mateo County Community College District provides a fund equal to 1% of expenditures for regular faculty salaries to provide faculty professional development opportunities.
- Applications accepted on a continuous basis by the Faculty Professional Development Committee.
- Applications received in summer are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit at least 30 days prior to the activity.
- Later submissions (within 30 days) will require the dean to include on the signature page a brief reason justifying the late submission.
- Suggested: submit applications earlier than the due date to minimize costs (flight, hotel, and registration costs).
Flowchart (PDF) - details of Faculty Application Process for Short-Term Faculty P.D. Funds
Long Term Projects
- Applications considered by the Faculty Professional Development Committee
- Two separate cycles, with deadlines normally in October and January.
- Due date for Fall 2022: Friday, January 28, 2022
- Due date for Spring 2023: Friday, October 14, 2022
Extended Leave (Sabbatical)
- Applications considered by the Professional Development Committee once a year in February.
- For detailed information about short term, long term, and extended leave, visit the
AFT Contract page.
Due date: Friday, January 28, 2022
For all projects, a written report must be submitted within 30 days of completion to the Office of the Vice President of Instruction describing the project activities and verifying that the project has been satisfactorily concluded.
Professional Development Forms
- 2021-22 Faculty Short Term Funding Application
- 2021-22 Faculty Long Term Funding Application
- Faculty Professional Development Fund Scoring Rubric
Please use Adobe Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro to complete these forms, and submit to your division office. Deans/Division Assistants (or applicants), please forward the application to Karen Dimalanta after the Dean signs. If you have any questions regarding the Faculty Professional Development funds and application process, please contact:
- Rob Williams, Chair, Faculty Professional Development Committee
- Karen Dimalanta, Division Assistant, Academic Support & Learning Technologies
Conference Expenses and Travel Procedures
- Conference Expense Form (must be filled out within 30 days of completion of conference/workshop)
- Please be sure to review the Domestic Conference Travel Procedures before attending your conference!
Prohibited travel to certain states
Please note that California law prohibits state-funded travel to other states with discriminatory laws. Visit the State of California webpage for more details.
2021-22 Faculty Professional Development Committee Members
- Danni Redding-Lapuz, Vice President of Instruction
- Rolin Moe, Dean, Academic Support and Learning Technologies
- Rob Williams, Chair of the Professional Development Committee & Language Arts Faculty
- Ruben Parra, Business, Education and Professional Programs Faculty
- Janice Sapigao, Language Arts Faculty
- Mandy Lucas, Counseling Faculty