Apply for Your Degree/Certificate
The deadline to apply for degrees and certificates is March 4, 2022.
Degree Application Process
Students must apply for their degree/certificate after all required coursework has been completed or is in progress.
- Make sure you are ready to apply for your degree/certificate by completing the DegreeWorks evaluation on WebSMART. All required coursework should be completed or in progress; any outside coursework must have already been officially evaluated and approved through the Transcript Evaluation Service. Course substitutions must be pre-approved through the College Course Substitution Petition process.
- Contact Counseling Division at 650-738-4318 to book an appointment with a counselor. Counselor approval is required to apply for a Degree and/or Certificate.
- Log on to WebSMART.
- Click "Student Services."
- Click on the link for "Degree & Certificate Application."
- Click "Proceed" button to complete and submit the online application.
- Check your my.smccd.edu student email account for your confirmation and other important information regarding timelines and contact information.