ZTC Early Adopters Program
To increase ZTC course adoptions and encourage Faculty exploration and innovation in finding new, better, and less costly ways to deliver quality learning materials to students, Skyline College is providing professional development support and incentives for Faculty to convert courses currently using traditional textbooks to use ZTC material. In addition to supporting adoption of ZTC by individual Instructional Faculty,the award especially encourages scaling of ZTC adoptions across all sections of high-enrollment courses in order to impact a significant number of students. It is noteworthy that:
- The incentive awards are over and above compensation for base and overload (when applicable) Faculty work assignments.
- All awardees must utilize materials associated with awards in teaching assignments for their course(s).
- Faculty may only receive one award per course.
- The initial determination regarding approval of ZTC Early Adopters Program applications shall be made by the ZTC Task Force.
This award is available to all Instructional Faculty (full-time and adjuncts) at Skyline College.
- Full-time and Adjunct Faculty are eligible to submit an application under any Category
ZTC Early Adopters Program Categories
Category 1: Adoption of Existing ZTC and/or OER MaterialThis includes the identification of existing ZTC and/or OER materials that would
be suitable for the course under consideration; reviewing those materials to ensure they
are in line with course outcomes and student success, and have the quality and rigor to
maintain the integrity of the course; and selecting and adopting the ZTC or OER
Material. The award for Category 1 is $500 per Faculty for a single
Category 2: Revision or Remix of Existing OER Material and/or Creating New
Revise or remix results in to new OER Material. Examples of this would include
editing existing chapters, adding new materials from other sources, removing sections
not appropriate, bringing together several openly licensed sources, etc. Creating New
Supplemental Materials to augment an adopted OER also results in new OER material.
Examples of this would include creating test banks, PowerPoint presentations, videos,
images, lectures, lab manuals, and other supplemental materials. The amount eligible
for the Revise/Remix Category 2 is $1000 per Faculty for a single
Category 3: Authoring of New OER Material(s) as primary course resource (e.g.,
Create substantially new OER material where it is demonstrated that quality OER
textbook replacement, custom reader)
resources are not currently available to meet learning objectives. This includes the work
involved in writing, developing, creating open textbooks and, if applicable,
accompanying supplemental materials such as test banks, PowerPoint presentations,
videos, images, lectures, lab manuals, and other supplemental materials. The amount
eligible for OER Authoring Category 3 is $3,000 per Faculty for a single course.
Apply to be an Early Adopter
- Review the full program description and application form.
- Complete all sections of the application form.
- Sign the form and obtain the signature of the Dean of the Faculty.
- Submit your application to SkylineZTC@smccd.edu.