You served. Now let Skyline College serve you.

Skyline College is here to empower you to achieve your educational goals and we are especially proud to serve our nation's veterans.

In order to register for classes at Skyline College and apply for VA Educational Benefits, veteran students will need to follow the seven steps below. Please note that financial aid is available. Visit the financial aid website for more information about how you can afford to pay for college.

Please consult the catalog for policy on out of state applicants before you apply if you currently reside outside of California.

Steps to Enrollment

Apply to Skyline College using a California Community Colleges OpenCCC account.

Once you create on OpenCCC account, you’ll begin the application process where you’ll be asked for your intended major and an educational goal, along with some basic personal, educational and residency information.

After applying, you’ll receive communication from the college once your application has been reviewed. For students that have been admitted to the college, your Student ID Number (G-Number) will be sent to you via email.

Please note that although many eligible Veterans choose to apply to a VA Educational Benefits program, this step is optional and is not necessary to enroll at Skyline College.

If you are applying for VA Educational Benefits (Chapter 30, 31, 33, 35 or 1606) or updating your benefit to change your place of training to Skyline College you will need to do so using the VA’s Education and Training Page.

Dependents and Active Duty Service members click HERE for additional information.

Veterans can get help navigating the VA Educational Benefit application process by contacting the Veterans Resource Center.

The VRC can also provide referrals to the appropriate resources to help determine eligibility for VA Educational Benefits and much more.

The New Student Orientation will provide you with the information, resources, and tools you need to be successful at Skyline College.

Note: If you already have a college degree, you may not be required to do this step. Consult email communication received from the college after your application has been processed.

Use an assessment measure to determine English, Math, or ESOL placement. Visit the Assessment/Placement website for more information on assessment measures by student type.

Note: If you have taken placement tests at a different Institution of Higher Education, or have taken classes at another Institution of Higher Education, please contact the Counseling Department.

Counselors are here to help you navigate your educational experience and reach your goals. When you meet with a counselor you’ll discuss your educational goal, determine the courses that are right for you and create an educational plan to help you map out your academic experience.

Make sure to request an appointment with a Veterans Counselor when you contact the Counseling Department. There are Academic Counselors designated to help student veterans. These counselors are knowledgeable about creating a student education plan that meets VA guidelines for using VA Education Benefits. Bring transcripts from all colleges attended with you to your appointment and make sure to ask for a Student Educational Plan.

View WebSchedule for the most up to date course offerings.

Access your WebSMART student account for the following services and more:

  • View assigned registration date/time
  • Add/Drop courses and pay fees (Note: certain fees may not apply if you are paying for your courses through a 3rd party payee. Please speak with the School Certifying Official if you plan to use VA Educational Benefits)
  • Access your student email
  • Purchase a Parking Permit

Submitting Documents to the School Certifying Official- For Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, and 1606.

If you plan to use VA Educational Benefits Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, or 1606, you will need to submit the following documents to the School Certifying Official* before your classes can be certified:

*SCHOOL CERTIFYING OFFICIAL: Bianca Pineda, (; Admissions and Records & Emma Wu (

**A note on Letter of Eligibility: For Chapters 30, 33 and 35- You will receive the letter of eligibility from the VA in the mail after you apply for Educational Benefits or change your place of training to Skyline College. For Chapter 31- This is form 28-1905 which is to be filled out by your Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Counselor and sent to our School Certifying Official. If you are a Reservist using Chapter 1606, you will need to submit the Notice of Basic Eligibility.

If you are using the CalVet Fee Waiver or Active Duty Tuition Assistance, click HERE for more information