Veterans Resource Center
Skyline College is honored to serve our active-duty service men and women and veterans and we look forward to your continued success as you pursue your higher education.
For some veterans, going back to school can present unique challenges. If that is true for you, remember that you do not have to face these challenges on your own. We are here to help. We are committed to helping students make the best possible choices while attaining the maximum assistance, guidance, and support while pursuing their educational goals. Skyline College assures its veteran students receive superb support services, and resources for personal growth and development, and educational success. Skyline College is a participant in the VA Principles of Excellence.
March 10: Veterans Resource Event
This free event is open to all and will feature:
- On-Campus and Off-Campus Resources for Veterans and Dependents
- Mobile Vet Center and Representatives from SF and Palo Alto VA Medical Centers
- Interactive Career Preparation Workshop
- On site VA Healthcare Enrollment and ID Card Photos
- Veterans representatives from top 4-year transfer schools
Download the Event Flyer for more information.RSVP for Veterans Resource Event on March 10
The Veterans Resource Center is located in Building 2, 3rd Floor, Room 2350. This center was opened to serve all veterans from the Skyline College community. It was created to provide veterans with a respite from the college atmosphere, where they can study, relax, and make use of the resources offered at the center. All these resources are available for veterans to utilize to ensure a strong veteran community flourishes at Skyline College.
What can you find at the VRC?
- Individual and group study spaces.
- Lounge space with TV.
- Computers with internet and printing access (maximum of 5 free pages per day)
- Resource information for educational benefits, health benefits, housing assistance, employment assistance, etc.
- Small kitchen/break room with a mini-fridge, microwave, and storage space.
- Small collection of used books for rent donated by Skyline students.