Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation. The Foundation is the colleges' partner in promoting student success at our colleges and in ensuring that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. It is due to the ongoing generosity of donors since the Foundation's inception in 1966 that many thousands of students have attended college and realized a better life. Contributions to the Foundation are received from many sources: individuals (including Cañada, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College alumni, faculty, and staff), businesses, civic groups, community organizations, and other foundations. For more information about San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation, please visit smcccfoundation.org.
The 2014-2015 scholarship application for continuing, new, transferring, and high school students is now CLOSED. Please see External Scholarships for additional opportunities.
- 2014-2015 Skyline College Scholarship Application: Deadline has passed.
If you have any questions please call or email the Scholarship Coordinator, Crystal Shetaya at email@example.com or call (650) 738-7011
External Scholarship Opportunities:
An up-to-date list of scholarships from external organizations is below and available from the Skyline College Financial Aid Office. Most external organizations select their scholarship recipients and may have a deadline different from the Skyline College and San Mateo County Community College District Foundation Scholarships.
- External Scholarships List
- Grove Scholarship Application (Due August 6, 2014)
- Coach Up Scholarship: Student-Athletes (Due August 10, 2014)
- AFCPE Student Scholarship Opportunity (Due August 15, 2014)
- Jan Egerton & Don Smitley Mesothelioma Scholarship (Due Oct. 7, 2014)
- Haka Tours Scholarship
- Paymaster Services Scholarship
- Scholarships for students without a Social Security Number (list provided by E4FC)
- Beta Theta Omicron Scholarship Opportunities
- Skyline College Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa
- All-USA Scholarship (Due November 8, 2013)
For more tips on searching for scholarships, please visit:
If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office, Bldg. 2 - Room 2234 or call (650) 738-7011