Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation. The Foundation is the colleges' partner in promoting student success at our colleges and in ensuring that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. It is due to the ongoing generosity of donors since the Foundation's inception in 1966 that many thousands of students have attended college and realized a better life. Contributions to the Foundation are received from many sources: individuals (including Cañada, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College alumni, faculty, and staff), businesses, civic groups, community organizations, and other foundations. For more information about San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation, please visit smcccfoundation.org.
The 2014-2015 scholarship application for continuing, new, transferring, and high school students is now CLOSED. Please see External Scholarships for additional opportunities.
If you have any questions please call or email the Scholarship Coordinator, Crystal Shetaya at email@example.com or call (650) 738-7011
External Scholarship Opportunities:
An up-to-date list of scholarships from external organizations is below and available from the Skyline College Financial Aid Office. Most external organizations select their scholarship recipients and may have a deadline different from the Skyline College and San Mateo County Community College District Foundation Scholarships.
- External Scholarships List
- Marie A. Calderilla Scholarship (May 14, 2014)
- International Association of Administrative Professional Scholarship (Due Feb. 28, 2014)
- Burlingame Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite Freemason (Due March 17, 2014)
- California Retired Teachers Association Scholarship (Due March 14, 2014)
- Community College Real Estate Endowment Scholarship (Due March 15, 2014)
- Woodside Terrace A.M. Kiwanis Scholarship (Due March 24, 2014)
- SEMA Scholarships (Due March 28, 2014)
- Impact Scholarship (Due March 31, 2014)
- Surety Bonds Scholarship (Due March 31, 2014)
- Scholarships for students without a Social Security Number (list provided by E4FC)
- Beta Theta Omicron Scholarship Opportunities
- Skyline College Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa
- All-USA Scholarship (Due November 8, 2013)
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendations
- Thank You Letter
- Scholarship Scams
- For more tips on searching for scholarships, please visit: www.finaid.org/scholarships
If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office, Bldg. 2 - Room 2234 or call (650) 738-7011