Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation which ensures that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. Visit the San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation website to learn more.
External Scholarship Opportunities
- External Scholarships List
- MALDEF Scholarship Resources
- Teacher.org – Scholarships for teachers
- Silicon Valley – Community Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarships open to undocumented students (provided by mydocumentedlife.org)
- The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
- Ilima-Lei "The Ilimanator" Macfarlane Inagural Scholarship
- Kevin's Review NCLEX Assistance Scholarship (due May 1, August 1, or November 1)
- Financial Women of San Francisco (due March 25,2018)
- After College 2018 Scholarship (due March 31, 2018)
- Amato Sanita Brighter Future Scholarship (due March 31, 2018)
- Women in Computing Scholarship (due April 1, 2018)
- Nordson BUILDS Scholarship (due April 1,2018)
- Adams Air Save the Air Scholarship (due April 5, 2018)
- The Pine Cone Foundation Scholarship (due April 14, 2018)
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) Scholarship (due May 1, 2018)
- The Association for Global Logistics & Transportation SF Bay Area Chapter Scholarship (due May 4,2018)
- 2018 BAPA Scholarship Application (due May 4,2018)
- Bay Area Gardeners Scholarship Foundation (due May, 10,2018)
- Ginnie Halpin Memorial Scholarship (application due/ post marked by May 23, 2018)
- Viber Mobile Technology Scholarship (due June 1,2018)
- Reach Your Greatest Potential Scholarship (due July 1, 2018)
- Supporting STEM Scholarship (due July 31, 2018)
- Dr. Usha Rajagopal Scholarship (due Dec 31,2019)
Additional Scholarship Resources
For more tips on searching for scholarships, please visit:
- Student must go to My AmeriCorps Website and electronically submit a request indicating Skyline College as their school.
- Student must be registered for classes in the semester they are requesting funds for.
Please note: To ensure proper and timely payment of your award, it is our practice to accept only one Americorps award request per term. Skyline College must see that you are enrolled in at least 0.5 units for the term you are requesting. If you are not enrolled, your request will be denied. Your award is then pending the release of federal funds to Skyline College.
Timeline for Americorps Scholarships
- The process may take up to 6 weeks
- Email Financial Aid Director Regina Morrison once you complete your electronic voucher
- A check will be mailed to Skyline College's Financial Aid Office (2 weeks)
- Check requisition forwarded to Cashiers Office (2 weeks)
- A check will be mailed to student's address on file with the Admissions & Records Office (1-2 weeks)
- Please note: mailing address can be updated through your WebSMART account
Payment Schedule for Financial Aid and Other Scholarship Payments
There are two major payment days at the beginning and at the mid-point of each semester for all students eligible for payments by those dates. These are followed by secondary payment dates every week to pay students who were not previously ready for payment. For disbursement dates, please see the Financial Aid Status page.
If you have any questions, please email Financial Aid Director Regina Morrison or call (650) 738-4350.
How do I pay for a study abroad experience?
Study abroad can seem expensive, but there are sources of financial aid available to help with the costs. Please visit the Study Abroad website for more information.