Check Your Aid Status
You can check on your financial aid status through WebSMART.
For problems logging in, visit Login Help.
- Login to WebSMART.
- Click on the “Financial Aid” Tab
- Click “My Eligibility"
- Click "Student Requirements"
- Select "Aid Year" (Example: select 2015-2016 for Fall 2015)
- Review "Unsatisfied Requirements"
- Complete unsatisfied requirements and/or submit documents listed
- Please answer these two questions (Yes or No):
Authorization to pay non-institutional charges (health fee, student body fee, etc.)
Authorization to pay prior year charges (any previous balance up to $200.00)
How will I receive my financial aid?
All financial aid funds are disbursed on scheduled dates each term. Federal grant aid (Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant) disburses twice each term with 50% of the scheduled award being disbursed on or after each scheduled date based on the student's enrollment level and program eligibility. Federal Direct Loans are also disbursed in two payments based on the approved loan period. Cal Grant funds are disbursed in a single payment each term on the second scheduled disbursement date of the semester.
When will I receive my Loan?
Reminder: 2014-2015 Loan and Appeal Deadlines
June 25, 2015 for Summer SessionWork-Study: On the 15th of the month after time sheet is approved online Disbursement Adjustments: Reverse disbursements occur when units enrolled decreases
What is a Financial Aid Refund?
All disbursed financial aid (grants, federal student loans, and scholarships) will be first applied towards current institutional fees you may owe Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline College such as enrollment fees, health fees and nonresident tuition. For the majority of students, your financial aid award is generally more than the amount owed, and you will be paid the remaining balance, commonly referred to as a financial aid refund.
- Application is completed prior to start of term
- Enrolled in the required number of units at least one week prior to start of term
- Not subject to disqualification
- Have no holds
- All first time borrowers will be subject to a 30-day delay on their first loan disbursement.
- The 30-day period begins on the first day of the term, not of the loan application or approval date.
- To cancel or reduce your loan amount, you must submit a written request to the Financial Aid Office 15 business days prior to the disbursement.
- Direct Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
Financial Aid Office Policy
Students must present a valid picture I.D. when asking questions and submitting documentation to our office. The Financial Aid Office will not accept documents via fax or email. To submit any financial aid documents, bring in person or mail to Skyline College, Financial Aid Office, 3300 College Drive, San Bruno CA 94066. If mailing documents, you must include a legible copy of a valid picture I.D. and include name and G-Number on all documents.
If you have any questions, please contact us.