Check Your Aid Status
You can check on your financial aid status through WebSMART.
For problems logging in, visit Login Help.
- Login to WebSMART.
- Click on the “Financial Aid” Tab
- Click “My Eligibility"
- Click "Student Requirements"
- Select "Aid Year" (Example: select 2018-2019 for Fall 2018)
- Review "Unsatisfied Requirements"
- Complete unsatisfied requirements and/or submit documents listed
- Please answer these two questions (Yes or No):
- Authorization to pay non-institutional charges (health fee, student body fee, etc.)
- Authorization to pay prior year charges (any previous balance up to $200.00)
How will I receive my financial aid?
All financial aid funds are disbursed on scheduled dates each term. Federal grants (Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant) disburses twice each term with 50% of the scheduled award being disbursed on or after each scheduled date based on the student's enrollment level and program eligibility. Federal Direct Loans are also disbursed in two payments based on the approved loan period. Cal Grant funds are disbursed in a single payment each term on the second scheduled disbursement date of the semester.
Learn more about options for receiving your financial aid on the Disbursement Website.
When will I receive my loan?
|Loan Type||Fall Payment Dates||Spring Payment Dates|
|Direct Loans* - Full Year Loan Period||August 10, 2018||January 11, 2019|
|Direct Loan* - One Semester Loan Period||
Fall Only Loan:
August 10, 2018
October 19, 2018
Spring Only Loan:
January 11, 2019
March 15, 2019
|*Direct Loan Note: All first time borrowers will be subject to a 30-day delay on their first loan disbursement. The 30-day period begins on the first day of the term, not of the loan application or approval date.|
What is a Financial Aid Refund?
All disbursed financial aid money will be first applied towards current institutional fees you may owe Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline College such as enrollment fees, health fees and non-resident tuition. For the majority of students, your financial aid award is generally more than the amount owed, and you will be paid the remaining balance, commonly referred to as a financial aid refund.
- Application is completed prior to start of term
- Enrolled in the required number of units at least one week prior to start of term
- Not subject to disqualification
- Have no holds
- All first time borrowers will be subject to a 30-day delay on their first loan disbursement.
- The 30-day period begins on the first day of the term, not of the loan application or approval date.
- To cancel or reduce your loan amount, you must submit a written request to the Financial Aid Office 15 business days prior to the disbursement.
- Direct Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
- NEW! Loan Counseling Workshops Beginning in the 2017-18 academic year, the SMCCCD Financial Aid Offices are participating in an experimental site initiative with the Department of Education related to loan counseling. If you are a repeat borrower and your Social Security Number ends in an even number or 0, you must attend an SMCCCD Loan Counseling Workshop before you funds will be disbursed. You can attend a workshop at any of the three colleges.
Financial Aid Office Policy
Students must present a valid picture I.D. when asking questions and submitting documentation to our office. The Financial Aid Office will not accept documents via fax or email. To submit any financial aid documents, bring in person or mail to Skyline College, Financial Aid Office, 3300 College Drive, San Bruno CA 94066. If mailing documents, you must include a legible copy of a valid picture I.D. and include name and G-Number on all documents.
If you have any questions, please the financial aid office.