Skyline Library E-Resources
Zero textbook cost (ZTC) courses are those which use a combination of open educational
resources (OER) shared with a Creative Commons license, library collection materials
with Unlimited User Access, and items in the public domain.
Finding Library Resources
Library materials can be located by using the Skyline College Library's search engine "OneSearch” from the library’s website. OneSearch is your one-stop shop to search Skyline College Library's collection of academic journals, popular magazines, reference sources, e-books & other digital and print materials in the library collection.
For a focused search, see a complete list of our article and reference databases, browse databases by subject, or search for journal titles, e-books, as well as streaming media databases such as Films On Demand (streaming) and Academic Video Online (streaming).
Accessing Library Resources
The library catalog and databases are available from any computer or digital device.
If you are a current Skyline College student, faculty, or staff, you automatically have access to
the full Skyline Library collection.
Your Library Account provides access to:
- Search for articles, books & more
- Place holds, check due dates, & renew items
- Create a list of favorite books, articles & more
Library Databases - Our Library subscribes to many databases, both general and subject-specific. To log into our databases off-campus you'll need to use your email or Canvas login.
Physical items—books, audio CDs, and video recordings in various formats owned by the library or course instructor—can be placed on reserve for any course by filling out the course reserves form
- The best way to link to electronic library resources such as eBooks and journal articles in Canvas, course syllabi, reading lists, websites, and email is to use permalinks. (A permalink is a URL or web address that will consistently point to a specific library resource, such as a full-text article, ebook, ejournal, streaming video, database, or record in a database).
- Streaming media collections Alexander Street Video and Films On Demand can be accessed directly through the Rich Text Editor "Apps" tool in Canvas and will embed the video directly on your Canvas page.