Writing & Reading Tutoring Lab
- One-on-one assistance with writing and reading assignments for 200+ courses covering all majors and programs
- Academic Success Workshops on sentence construction, parts of speech, essay writing, and more!
- Click on the Resources tab in the page menu for writing and grammar guides, advice on research and documentation, and other online resources!
- Learning Center staff are available in virtual tutoring rooms across disciplines for synchronous, video, or chat drop-in tutoring.
Make an Appointment
In-person & online tutoring are available. You must be logged‑in to schedule an appointment.Schedule an appointment
Once choosing the tutoring lab, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room until a tutor is free to meet.Writing and Reading & ESOL Tutoring
* You may also access online Learning Center tutors through Learning Center & STEM Center in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
More Tutoring Options for Students
A consortium of colleges working together to offer online tutoring across disciplines. A few of the Learning Center’s tutors dedicate time to working as part of this project. Tutoring sessions may or may not be with a Skyline College Learning Center tutors based on tutor schedules.
A third-party online tutoring service that offers tutoring 24/7 across disciplines (Discipline availability and hours vary). Skyline College Learning Center tutors are not available through this service.
*To access Star-CA and NetTutor tutoring click on NetTutor in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
Additional Learning Center Services
Students may access other Learning Center remote services through our LSKL 800 and LSKL 803 Canvas course shells. If you are not currently registered for LSKL 800 or LSKL 803:
- Go to WebSMART to register for LSKL 803 (CRN: 95205). This is a free, non-credit course that simply provides access to tutoring
- Request to be added to the LSKL 803 Canvas shell by sending your name and G# to: email@example.com