ESOL Tutoring Lab
- One-on-one assistance from ESOL tutors
- Software applications that help you improve your understanding of English grammar
- Conversation groups to help master your pronunciation and spoken language
- Academic Success Workshops on important study skills and parts of speech in English
- Learning Center staff are available in virtual tutoring rooms across disciplines for synchronous, video, or chat drop-in tutoring
Make an Appointment
In-person & online tutoring are available. You must be logged‑in to schedule an appointment.Schedule an appointment
Once choosing the tutoring lab, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room until a tutor is free to meet.Writing and Reading & ESOL Tutoring
* You may also access online Learning Center tutors through Learning Center & STEM Center in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
More Tutoring Options for Students
A consortium of colleges working together to offer online tutoring across disciplines. A few of the Learning Center’s tutors dedicate time to working as part of this project. Tutoring sessions may or may not be with a Skyline College Learning Center tutors based on tutor schedules.
A third-party online tutoring service that offers tutoring 24/7 across disciplines (Discipline availability and hours vary). Skyline College Learning Center tutors are not available through this service.
*To access Star-CA and NetTutor tutoring click on NetTutor in the left navigation of your Canvas course shells.
Additional Learning Center Services
Students may access other Learning Center remote services through our LSKL 800 and LSKL 803 Canvas course shells. If you are not currently registered for LSKL 800 or LSKL 803:
- Go to WebSMART to register for LSKL 803 (CRN 95205). This is a free, non-credit course that simply provides access to tutoring
- Request to be added to the LSKL 803 Canvas shell by sending your name and G# to: firstname.lastname@example.org