Understanding and Predicting Human Behavior
The Psychology Program at Skyline College engages students in an enriching and challenging academic experience that promotes an understanding of yourself and others, and factors that might correspond to thoughts and behavior.
Why should you take a psychology course? We offer a wide variety of classes that:
- Provide a foundation for professional success in many career options:
"According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment for psychologists overall will grow by 19 percent between 2014 and 2024, much faster than the 7 percent average growth predicted for all occupations."
- Fulfill General Education requirements .
- Meet requirements for other majors and degrees.
- Offer flexible options. You can choose to transfer to a four-year degree program with the AA-T/AA degrees in Psychology.
- Help you in everyday life with communication skills, critical thinking, problem-solving, relationships, self-confidence, success and more. . .
- PSYC 100 General Psychology (3 units)
- PSYC 105 Experimental Psychology (3 units)
- PSYC 110 Courtship, Marriage and Family (3 units)
- and much more . . .
Check out our current course offerings at Webschedule now!
Other ways to get involved with psychology:
- Join clubs like Active Minds and SAGA
- Apply for the Psi Beta Honor Society
- Sign up for Professional Psychology Organizations
We welcome you to the exciting field of psychology!
Diversity is valued at Skyline College. Faculty and staff in the Psychology Department are dedicated to the beliefs and commitments stated in the Skyline College Diversity Statement.