Peer Mentor Overview
Peer Mentors are here for you!
- Need assistance navigating online classes?
- Need support with Zoom, Google Applications, or Canvas?
- Need help learning how to stay on top of your classes from home?
Fall 2021 drop-in office hours with Peer Mentors
Peer Mentors are active during the spring and fall semesters -- check back in August for our fall 2021 schedule!
Why should I meet with a Peer Mentor?
Working with a peer mentor is a great way to succeed in college. You’ll get to work one-on-one with experienced students on things like:
- Academic coaching
- Identifying challenges
- Setting goals
- Building skills
Peer mentors have experience in the classes you’re taking, and they’re ready to help you adjust to the culture of college and succeed in your classes.
Don't just take our word for it:
Watch these Testimonials from Skyline College Students who have worked with a Peer Mentor!
What is peer mentoring and how does it work?
Peer mentors have your back. They’re students too, so they’re going through the same things you are. When you meet with a peer mentor, they’ll help you with the following:
- Set goals and develop strategies to succeed in your classes
- Improve time management and study skills
- Expand educational, leadership, career and learning skills
- Explore and connect to Skyline College services
- Build a support network