Honors Transfer Program
Honors is for Everyone!
The Skyline College Honors Transfer Program (HTP) offers honors credit to facilitate transfer to a four-year institution.
- available to all students who are otherwise eligible to enroll in the class
- offered in the 5 IGETC areas that satisfy the lower-division breadth/general education requirements at both UC and CSU
Honors Program Students may elect to take as few or as many honors contract courses as they wish, but only those who take at least 4 contract courses in the program will be designated as honors graduates. Make transfer preparation a priority!
LEARN MORE ABOUT HONORS at the
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2020
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Honors Transfer Program! All students interested in being in the Honors Transfer Program can submit an application form. You will be contacted by the Program Coordinator as soon as possible.
Students will earn honors credit in selected transfer courses. Students are required to concurrently enroll in an Honors Project research seminar.
Spring 2021 Interdisciplinary Studies Honors Research Seminar
CRN Course Days Meeting Time Instructor Units
47308 IDST-105 Wed 3:00pm-5:15pm Janice Sapigao 2
NOTE: This course is open to all Honors Transfer Program students. To apply to the Honors Transfer Program, complete the Application Form.
About the Honors Transfer Program
As an Honors Student you:
- receive Priority Registration each semester
- earn Honors Designation on your transcript for each Honors contract course you successfully complete
- create and complete original Research Topics that suit your major and interests
- work closely with a Skyline College Faculty Mentor in a mentor-mentee academic setting
- gain experience as an Undergraduate Research Student; this is a unique opportunity for community college students seeking to transfer
- will be honored at graduation, receive an honors designation on your transcript and degree, and a Medallion of Completion for your work
Program Eligibility and Requirements
Honors Students will:
- enroll in the Honors Research Seminar - IDST 105
- graduate with a minimum 3.25 overall GPA and a 3.25 GPA in your honors contract courses.
Note: "overall GPA" applies to ALL UC transferable contract courses that you have taken at Skyline College and other institutions. Make sure that Skyline College has your transcripts from other colleges you have attended, if any.
- complete a minimum of 15 units of honors course credit in at least 4 contract courses.
- finish and record 16 hours of community service; the HTP will help students find opportunities related to their interests.
In order to complete the Honors Project learning community program, including for UCLA TAP certification, students need to complete at least two Honors Project seminars, and a minimum of 15 units of transferable honors coursework (seminars are included in the 15-unit requirement), with an overall GPA of at least 3.2.
Note: the seminar does not automatically transfer to UC as GE, and do not count toward the 60 unit minimum required for transfer.
If you have questions regarding the eligibility or application process, please contact Asst. Professor Janice Sapigao, Program Coordinator.
Additional Transfer Resources
The Transfer Center makes transfer to a 4 year university easier by providing you with the tools you will need to streamline your time at Skyline College while making the most of your Skyline College experience. Your time is valuable, and the Transfer Center wants you to reach your goals, so you can get in, get out, and continue your education at a university of your preference.