UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP)
TAP is a collaboration between UCLA and the honors/scholars program at member California community colleges. The program fosters academic excellence at the community college level and promotes diversity and retention in the UCLA transfer population.
The UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) gives you the opportunity to enhance your ability to transfer to UCLA at the junior level from a California community college. Students are certified after completing the honors/scholars program at their community college and given priority consideration for admission to UCLA College of Letters and Science.
To view all criteria for transfer selection, and for additional information about the programs of study available, please review the following:
Benefits of TAP
- UCLA and California Community Colleges cooperate to assist students in the transfer process.
- The TAP Community Colleges offer enriched academic programs and all courses necessary to transfer, including General Education requirements and preparatory courses for majors.
- Designated faculty and counselors at the community colleges help students plan academic programs that meet major and general education requirements and honors/scholars certification.
- While students are in the community college TAP programs, meaningful linkages with UCLA are provided such as on-campus informational meetings and tours, library privileges, and opportunities to attend selected UCLA cultural and athletic events.
For more information, please see the UCLA TAP website.
UC Irvine Honors to Honors Program
Skyline College is a proud member of the UCI Honors to Honors Program . Eligible students are granted early admission to UCI and guaranteed admission to the prestigious Campuswide Honors Collegium. Students also receive priority consideration for a special set of merit-based scholarships. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Completion of Honors Scholar requirements complete or in progress for Spring completion.
- Completion of a 15 units of honors coursework (at least 6 units can be completed at CSM or Cañada) with no more than 5 of those units completed in the spring before transfer.
- UC transferable GPA of 3.7 or higher by end of Winter prior to transfer
- Submit a UC Admissions Application to UCI no later than November 30th
- After applying to UCI, you must be verified by a UCI Admissions evaluator as having completed all transfer requirements, including the prerequisites for your major.