EOPS / CARE
Skyline College has moved to fully online instruction and student support from Tuesday, March 17 - Sunday, April 5th as part of the SMCCCD's emergency response for the health and safety of the community. The programs, supports, and functions of EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs/Guardian Scholars Program will be available to you via virtual formats including: email, ZOOM video appointments, CANVAS, and phone when appropriate. We are here to support you during this time and will respond to all communications in as timely a manner as possible.
Student Equity and Support Programs will be providing equity related services from 8:00 - 2:00, every Monday through Friday.
Office will be closed on Tuesday, March 31 as the César Chávez holiday.
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is designed to improve access, retention and completion of educational goals for students who are low income and educationally disadvantaged. EOPS students have the potential to succeed in college but have not been able to realize their potential because of economic and/or educational barriers.
The CARE program provides additional services and support to students by way of special programs specially tailored to the needs of CARE students.
- Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- Priority Registration
- Book Grant/Voucher Service (for required textbooks- amount varies)
- Transfer Planning
- UC, CSU, and private colleges application fee waiver
- School Supplies
- Calculator and Smartpen Loans
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Priority registration
- Education / self-development workshops
- School supplies and reference materials
- Transportation assistance
- Meal voucher program
- Vocational grants