Students can request have a phone, zoom or in-person counseling, tutoring, Academic Coach Meeting, use TRiO study hall, computer lab, borrow equipment or meet with the Director. View TRiO's in-person and remote schedule.
If you have scheduled an in-person counseling meeting with a Brianna Clay or Janelle Reza, read the Counseling Details for information to prepare for your meeting.
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program that offers free comprehensive services designed to promote academic success. Our goal is to provide first-generation students, low-income students and/or students with physical or learning disabilities with resources and services to earn a certificate or graduate with an associate degree, AND transfer to a four-year university.
The program offers eligible students a rich variety of services intended to support their academic, personal, and social needs as they work to achieve their dreams. Such services include:
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Transfer planning and campus visits to four-year institutions
- Priority registration
- Academic support, such as tutoring, study skills, workshops, mentors, and access to computers
- Financial aid, financial literacy, and scholarship assistance
- Cultural enrichment activities, such as museum visits, events, and performances
To receive tutoring assistance, TRiO students should be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- MATH 650: Mathematics Supplement (0.5-1 units; Pass/No Pass)
- ENGL 650: English Supplement (0.5-1 units; Pass/No Pass)
- LSKL 800: Supplemental Learning Assistance (0.5-1 units; Pass/No Pass)
- LSKL 803: Supervised Peer Tutoring (0 units; Noncredit)
- The TRiO Director is Michael Stokes. TRiO applicants must complete an intake interview with the TRiO Director to determine eligibility to participate in the program.
- The TRiO Counselors are Brianna Clay and Guillermo Villanueva. Students need to meet with a TRiO counselor twice a semester to update their educational plan, discuss academic support needs, and review transfer plans.
- For help with English, Reading, and ESOL, the English Lab Coordinator is Chanel Daniels. TRiO students should make appointments with Professor Daniels to devise a study plan at the beginning of the semester.
- For help with math, the Math Lab Coordinator is Miranda Wang. TRiO students should make appointments with Professor Wang to devise a study plan at the beginning of the semester.