Classified Staff Development
The San Mateo County Community College District recognizes that the quality of its educational offerings and services is enhanced by the professional growth and development of its employees. The Classified Staff Development Program is intended to provide opportunities to attend classes and workshops that will promote outstanding District departments, programs and services, while fostering the creativity, personal growth and advancement of our employees. Through our staff development opportunities we hope to create a positive climate of open communication, mutual respect and appreciation for the advantages of a diverse community.
Permanent Classified employees who have completed the required probationary period are eligible to participate.
Conference / Workshops:
Classified employees may request a maximum of $1000 per conference/workshop per each fiscal year. If you are interested in attending a conference/workshop, complete the Application for Conference/Workshop funds well in advance of the date of the event, and obtain your supervisor’s approval.
Classified employees may be reimbursed for tuition, books and related expenses (not including meals or mileage) for a maximum reimbursement of $1400 in a one year period (July 1 through June 30). Reimbursement will be made upon satisfactory completion of approved coursework with a grade of C or better.
How to Apply
To apply for Classified Staff Development (CSD) funds complete one of these forms:
- Application for CSD Funds for Conference/Workshops
- Application for CSD Funds for College Course Tuition
To use college funding for workshops, conferences, etc. follow these steps:
- Complete the appropriate form and print a copy. If you are attending a Conference, you must also complete a Conference Attendance Approval Form. Note: Only complete a Conference Attendance Approval Form if you are attending a Conference/Workshop.
- Sign the form(s).
- Submit the original(s) to your Immediate Supervisor and the Division Dean for approval and signatures.
- Send the original signed forms to Office of the Vice President of Instruction for approval and processing.
If you have any questions regarding the Classified Staff Development funds, please contact Bryan Besnyi, Administrative Secretary, Office of the Vice President of Instruction.