Classified Professional Development
The Classified Staff Development Program is intended to provide opportunities to attend classes and workshops that will promote outstanding departments, programs and services, while fostering the creativity, personal growth and advancement of our employees. Through our staff development opportunities, the district hopes to create a positive climate of open communication, mutual respect and appreciation for the advantages of a diverse community.
Eligibility and Funds
- Permanent Classified employees, who have completed the required probationary period.
- Maximum of $1000 per conference/workshop/training per fiscal year.
- Application is used for workshops, conferences, or trainings (online or in person).
- Pre-Approval form must be signed by the division dean.
- Questions? Contact Judy Hutchinson (a replacement for Scott Mansfield is TBA).
Application - Two Steps
- Complete Conference Attendance Pre-Approval Form
- Have it signed by your division Dean.
- Attach any pertinent documentation.
- Allow 10 days for in-state conferences and 21 days for out-of-state.
- Digitally sign and submit the Application for CSD Funds for Conference/Workshops/Trainings to your Immediate Supervisor and the Division Dean for approval and signatures.
Submit a CTTL Workshop Proposal
CTTL hosts workshops presented by Skyline College faculty and staff.
- Consider Skyline College goals and initiatives.
- Complete the CTTL Workshop Proposal Form (button on right).
- Dr. Nicole Porter, Professional Development Coordinator, will be in touch with you.