Welcome to the Music Program at Skyline College!
The Music Program at Skyline College seeks to inspire and empower students to:
- Explore music as a creative, expressive, and communicative medium among diverse cultures, and
- Achieve cultural fluency and personal fulfillment through creative self-expression, technical skill development, and cooperative enterprise of an artistic nature.
The courses of the Music Program at Skyline College are specifically designed for students who would like to:
- Enhance their musical abilities and/or enjoyment,
- Prepare to transfer to a university as a music major, or
- Pursue a career in music-related fields.
In addition to a variety of performance, theory, and listening courses, we offer two Associate of Arts Degrees in Music, including an Associate of Arts for Transfer in Music.
The AA-T degree in Music is specifically designed for students seeking to transfer seamlessly to a four-year baccalaureate music program. For more information about our Music Degrees, please see our Music Major page.
Please note, students may be asked to audition or test for placement in sequential courses.
Possible eventual careers may include:
- Music performer
- Music composer or arranger
- Music conductor or director
- Music educator or researcher
- Arts administrator (for schools, performing organizations, or media outlets)
- Music journalist
- Musician manager or promoter
- Music event manager or producer
- Music retailer
- Live audio or recorded music producer or technician
- Music copyist or engraver
- Music publisher
- Instrument builder or tuner
- Music law specialist (such as entertainment or copyright lawyer and music licensing consultant)