Women's Mentoring and Leadership Academy (WMLA) is empowering and transforming women at Skyline College to achieve personal and professional growth. We seek to accomplish this mission by providing women from disproportionately impacted groups with social and academic support via individual, group and peer mentoring, and through leadership development opportunities. WMLA aims to provide contextualized and experiential learning that will foster intellectual, cultural, social, economic and personal fulfillment for women who participate in the academy.
Goals for the women who participate in the academy are to:
- Obtain knowledge regarding how to reach educational, career, personal and financial goals
- Build healthy interpersonal and intercultural relationships
- Develop effective interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Identify how communication, identity, and culture inform individuals' gendered experiences in everyday life
- Develop and hone leadership and workforce readiness skills
- Gain local and global experiences through service learning and study abroad