Become a Peer Tutor
The Peer Tutor position in The Learning Center (TLC) involves working one-on-one and in groups tutoring students, providing information and referrals to students and faculty, helping students access the services provided in the Learning Center, completing tutor training, and working with other tutors in mentoring relationships.
This is a part-time position with a starting pay rate of $15.00 per hour.
All Peer Tutors should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Enrolled in at least 3 units for summer, and at least 6 units fall and spring in the San Mateo Community College District (College of San Mateo, Skyline College, Cañada College)
- Reliable and able to support the philosophy and mission of TLC at Skyline College
- For English and ESOL peer tutors: received a B or better in the transfer-level College Composition course (ENGL 100 or 105 at Skyline College)
- For Math peer tutors: received a B or better in Math 120: Intermediate Algebra
- * Please note: A recommendation from a faculty member, especially in the discipline of interest, is helpful. Faculty can request the link to the online recommendation form by contacting any Learning Center staff member.
Apply to be a Peer Tutor
Applicants must complete all portions of the application form below: