News and Updates
**CSU and UCs are ACCEPTING Fall 2014 Applications!!!**
This includes SFSU and SJSU, among other campuses statewide. Please check the CSU Application Filing Status page for more details at: http://www.csumentor.edu/filing_status/
**PLEASE NOTE: For Fall Admissions, students need to apply 1 year in advance for the following year!
|Term||Priority Admissions Application Submission Period|
|Fall||October 1 - November 30|
|Winter||June-1 - June 30|
|Spring||August 1 - August 31|
|Summer||February 1- February 28|
To be eligible for transfer as a junior to a CSU campus, students need to complete the following requirements:
- Complete 60 CSU transferrable units with a “C” average (2.0) in all transferable college units attempted.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended, e.g., eligible to re-enroll.
- Complete the four basic subjects which are part of the overall general education requirements with a “C” or higher:
- Speech Communication, Area A1(Comm. 110, 127, 130, 140, 150)
- English Composition, Area A2 (Engl. 100)
- Critical Reasoning, Area A3 (Engl. 110, 165, Phil 103, 109, 200)
- College Mathematics, Area B4 (Math 130, 150, 153, 200, 201, 222, 241,242, 251, 252, 253, 270, 275, Psyc. 171, Bus 120, 123)
- Complete at least 30 of the 39 general education units that comprise the total CSU general education pattern. See Counselor for campus specific information.
- Visit the Transfer Center or our website at www.skylinecollege.edu/transfercenter for a CSU GE Breadth or IGETC handout which lists which courses fulfill general education requirements.
Spring Semester and Winter/ Spring Quarter: Visit campuses websites and CSU mentor at http://www.csumentor.edu/filing_status/ to determine which campuses will be offering Winter and/or Spring Admissions. Spring and Winter Admissions have been limited or unavailable in recent years due to budget reductions.
Impaction means that there are more applicants than there are spaces available. If your major is impacted, additional requirements may apply. To find out if your major is impacted, visit http://www.calstate.edu/sas/impactioninfo.shtml. You may also visit individual campus websites for additional information.
Associates Degree for Transfer
This degree is intended for students who:
- Are interested in transferring to a CSU campus with a major in Business, Child Development, Kinesiology, Math, Physics, Psychology
- Plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus
What are the benefits for students earning an AS-T degree?
- Guaranteed admissions with junior standing to the CSU system, but not a particular campus or major
- Priority admissions consideration to a student’s local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to a student’s community college major (This priority does not guarantee admissions to specific majors or campuses)
- Required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree
For more information, visit our website at: http://www.skylinecollege.edu/transfercenter/transferdegrees.php
Local Admissions Areas
Students who meet minimum admissions requirements get priority admissions based on the location of the community college where they completed the majority of their coursework. This does not guarantee that they will be admitted into their desired major. Students who attend community college in San Mateo and/or San Francisco Counties are eligible to receive the local admissions guarantee from San Francisco State University and CSU East Bay. For more information on local admissions visit http://www.calstate.edu/sas/impactioninfo.shtml.
**Preview Days for CSUs and UCs***
Are you undecided about your transfer school? Preview Days are a great way to see what campuses look like and to get many of your questions answered. These are a few, all on Saturday, October 19:
UC Santa Cruz: http://admissions.ucsc.edu/visit/preview-day/
UC Merced: http://admissions.ucmerced.edu/preview-day
Cal State East Bay: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/events/preview-day/
In addition, UC Davis is hosting a Pre-Med/Pre-Health National Conference on October 12-13. This is a great way to get lots of information about applying to medical schools, nursing schools, and other health related programs: http://www.ucdprehealth.org/