Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T)/ Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) Degrees
(Also referred as the Associate Degrees for Transfer (AD-T))
The new Transfer Degrees, known as the Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) degrees guarantee admission to a California State University (CSU) campus for any community college student who completes an “associate degree for transfer”, a newly established variation of the associate degrees traditionally offered at California Community Colleges throughout the state. The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major.
What are the benefits to earning an AA-T or AS-T degree?
- Guaranteed admissions with junior standing to the CSU system (admissions not guaranteed to a particular campus or major)
- Priority admissions consideration for students local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to a student’s community college major (This priority does not guarantee admissions to a specific major or campus)
- Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T or AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major).
Who may not benefit from earning this degree?
This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with their Skyline College counselor to help them plan for the degree and transfer.
What are the requirements to earn an AA-T or AS-T Degree?
To earn an AA-T or AS-T degree, a student must:
- Complete the CSU General Education Requirements or IGETC (CSU)
- Complete the required major requirements for the AA-T or AS-T major (a minimum 18 units semester units in an “AA-T” or “AS-T” major as detailed in the Skyline College catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a “pass-no pass” basis (Title 5 § 55063)).
- Complete 60 CSU transferable units (including the General Education and major requirements)
What AA-T and AS-T degrees does Skyline College offer?
At the time of catalog publication, a student may earn the following AA-T and AS-T degrees: Business Administration, Early Childhood Education, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. Degrees pending state approval: Anthropology, Art History, Communication Studies, Elementary Education, English, Geology, History, Journalism, Music, and Studio Arts. For further information, please consult with your Skyline College counselor.
AA-T /AS-T Major Handouts
Spring 2014 AA-T and AS-T Degree Workshop
Workshop: Understanding the New Associate for Transfer Degrees
This workshop will review the requirements for the new Associate for Transfer degrees developed at Skyline College and at California Community Colleges throughout the state.
|Thursday, February 6||12:35 pm- 1:35 pm||Bldg 2 Rm 2117A|
|Thursday, March 25||12:30 pm- 1:30 pm||Bldg 2 Rm 2117A|
Additionally, classroom presentations on specific AA-T and AS-T degrees will be available in some of the core courses offered for the AA-T and AS-T majors. For more information, please contact the Transfer Center at (650) 738- 4232.
ADegreeWithAGuarantee.org - A collaboration between the California Community Colleges and the California State University (CSU) system, this is a student-friendly workshop that provides detailed information about the new Associate Degrees for Transfer (AD-T), including detailed information about the programs, resources, and contacts.