California State University Transfers
Skyline College provides transfer opportunities to any California State University, however each university may have their own unique deadlines and requirements. It’s important that you research the requirements of the CSU to which you’d like to transfer.
PLEASE NOTE: Students interested in transferring to a CSU should consider pursuing an Associate Degree for Transfer, which guarantees admission with junior standing into the CSU system. However, this may not be the best option for students who which to transfer to a specific CSU campus since it does not guarantee admission to a specific major or campus.
Base Requirements for Transfer to a CSU:
To be eligible for transfer as a junior to a CSU campus, students must complete the following requirements:
- Complete 60 CSU transferrable units with a “C” average (2.0) in all transferable college units attempted.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended, e.g., eligible to re-enroll.
- Complete the four basic subjects (part of the overall general education requirements)
with a “C” or higher:
- Speech Communication, Area A1(Comm. 110, 127, 130, 140, 150)
- English Composition, Area A2 (Engl. 100)
- Critical Reasoning, Area A3 (Engl. 110, 165, Phil 103, 109, 200)
- College Mathematics, Area B4 (Math 130, 150, 153, 200, 201, 222, 241,242, 251, 252, 253, 270, 275, Psyc. 171, Bus 120, 123)
- Complete at least 30 of the 39 general education units that comprise the total CSU general education pattern. See your Counselor for campus-specific information.
- Visit the Transfer Center or our website resources for a CSU GE Breadth or IGETC handout which lists which courses to fulfill general education requirements.
Applications for admission in Fall: Due Oct 1 – Nov 30 of the previous calendar year.
Applications for admission in Winter/Spring: Due Aug 1 – Aug 31 of the previous calendar year. (Please note: Due to budget cuts, many CSU campuses do not admit transfer students during their Winter/Spring semesters. Please check on CSUMentor or on specific college websites to determine if they will offer Winter/Spring admissions.)
How to Apply:
Apply online at CSUMentor during the application filing period.
PLEASE NOTE: Students interested in transferring to a CSU should consider pursuing an Associate Degree for Transfer at Skyline College, which guarantees admission with junior standing into the CSU system. However, this may not be the best option for students who which to transfer to a specific CSU campus.
Is your major impacted? Impaction means that there are more applicants than there are spaces available. If your major is impacted, additional requirements may apply. Find out if your major is impacted.
Local Admissions Areas: Students who meet minimum admissions requirements get priority admissions based on their residency. This does not guarantee that they will be admitted into their desired major. Students who live in San Mateo and San Francisco Counties have two campuses with the local admissions guarantee, San Francisco State University and CSU East Bay. Get more information on local admissions and impaction info.
Transfer Articulation Bridge (TAB) Program with SFSU
If you’re interested in transferring to San Francisco State University, then the Transfer Articulation Bridge (TAB) Program may be right for you.
The TAB program is a joint program between Skyline College and San Francisco State University (SFSU). Designed to prepare first-generation, low-income, and underrepresented students for transfer to SFSU, the program provides students the opportunity to concurrently enroll in a class at SFSU while still taking courses at Skyline College. Students earn 3 units of college credit toward their bachelor’s degree by taking the “ISED 201: Intro to SFSU” course.
Eligibility Requirement: Students must be enrolled in 9 units at Skyline College while concurrently enrolled in the ISED 201 course at SFSU. To apply for TAB, students must submit a TAB application to the Transfer Center (Building 2, Room 2227).
Please note: If you are receiving Financial Aid in the form of a PELL grant, please let us know as there are additional documents you will need to complete to check if you are eligible.
Please print out a copy of the TAB application and submit to the Transfer Center (Building 2, Room 2227). Paper copies of the application are also available at the Transfer Center.
Via the ISED 201 Introduction to SFSU course, Skyline College students will:
- Learn about SFSU's majors, programs and services, and transfer requirements
- Receive academic and educational support
- Establish early connections to SFSU faculty
- Earn 3 units of elective credits towards their bachelors degree
- Explore graduate school options
Transfer Articulation Bridge (TAB) Program Orientation Workshops are offered with College Rep Paul Mendez
|Tue, Aug 23||10:00am - 1:00pm||Bldg. 2, Transfer Center|
|Tue, September 13||12:00pm - 1:00pm||Bldg. 2, Transfer Center|
|Tue, October 4||12:00pm - 1:00pm||Bldg. 2, Transfer Center|
|Tue, November 15||12:00pm - 1:00pm||Bldg. 2, Transfer Center|