Free Tax Preparation Assistance
SparkPoint at Skyline College is proud to offer free tax preparation for qualified community members at its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site.
VITA sites assist taxpayers who earn low to moderate incomes ($51,000 and below) in preparing their own tax returns.
IRS-certified volunteers receive training to help prepare basic tax returns.
Here is what to bring:
- Photo identification (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security card for each family member
- W-2 forms for all jobs held in 2012
- All 1099 or 1098 forms and any other tax forms
- Child care provider information
- Landlord's Name, Address and Phone number for the CA renter's credit
- A voided check or bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Last year’s tax return