Internships, Scholarships, and Financial Aid
Tomas Rivera Policy Institute's Latino College Dollars
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Chicana / Latina Foundation
SALLIE MAE Scholarships Financial Aid
Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) Scholarship List
MALDEF is committed to providing resources and information to immigrant students regarding private scholarships and financial opportunities for higher education. Please visit the MALDEF website, then choose the "scholarships- lista de becas" icon.
Websites You Should Know if You Want Money for College
Thanks to Puentista, Skyline Ambassador, and Latin American Student Organization President Daniel Tostado for the following.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) : Apply for FREE grants online.
- Federal School Codes : this site lists codes that are needed in order to complete the FAFSA.
- Help in Completing the FAFSA
- The Student Guide
- College Opportunities On-line (COOL database)
- College Aid Sources for Higher Education (CASHE): this is a national financial aid resource database that helps students and parents find private funds to attend college. It is one of the industry’s largest and most comprehensive resources, including thousands of individual awards from all types of sponsors from Freshman through Doctorate students.
- Educaid: this is a division of the Money Store, it is one of the top ten education lenders in the U.S. that offers federal and private loans exclusively for education. The toll free number is 1-800-Educaid
- SallieMae: this is one of the largest financial aid institutions that offers information and hands on interaction with calculators, publications, financial aid 101 and scholarship services.
- fastWEB.com is the Internets largest free scholarship search. Your personalized profile will match your specific skills, abilities and internet to fastWEB’s database of over 400,000 scholarships. Just complete six simple steps to get immediate results on line.
- FinAid is a free, comprehensive independent and objective guide to student financial aid