Application for Graduate Tutor
The Graduate Tutor Position in the Learning Center (TLC) involves working one-on-one and in groups tutoring students, providing information and referrals to students and faculty, helping students access the services provided in the Learning Center, undergoing tutor training, and working with other tutors in mentoring relationships.
This is a part-time position.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in the discipline for which you want to tutor.
- Have a recommendation from a faculty member in the discipline for which you want to tutor (Use this Recommendation Form).
- Preferably are currently enrolled in a graduate program or have a Master’s or PhD in the discipline for which you want to tutor.
- Reliable, work well with students, and have an understanding of good tutoring practices.
IMPORTANT: To complete your application, submit all of the following documents!
- Provide a brief cover letter.
- Provide an in-depth resume highlighting the positions and/or roles where you have successfully demonstrated your qualifications for this position.
- Provide an unofficial transcript.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the discipline for which you want to tutor.
- Submit all the above items to Judith Cheung, Staff Assistant, Building 5, TLC.
Phone number: (650) 738-4144
- Complete all portions of the application form below: