America Counts Federal Work-Study Program
NOW HIRING TUTORS!
Financial Aid is seeking to hire new Federal Work-Study students as tutors for the America Counts Program. Student must be:
- Receiving financial aid
- Not on any appeal status (Over 90 Units or SAP)
- English tutor: have completed or placed in ENGL 836 or higher
- Math tutor: have completed or placed in MATH 110 or higher
- Ability to make a one year commitment
Applications are available at the Financial Aid Office, Bldg. 2 - Room 2234.
For more information, please click here: Pacifica School Volunteers - Job Opportunities Flyer
To submit an application and questions, please contact:
Email Aileen Conmigo Phuong or call at 650-738-4348
The Mission of the Skyline College America Counts Tutoring Program is to:
- Provide long term and focused tutorial assistance to elementary school-aged children underachieving in reading and math.
- Provide systematic training to Skyline College undergraduate students in strategies for tutoring.
- Provide a high quality mentoring program that enriches learning opportunities for both college and elementary school students.
- Assist community college students by enhancing their education and commitment in learning while serving the community.
Since our inception in Spring 2004, we have provided over 12,000 hours of community service. Skyline College's Financial Aid Office in coordination with the The Learning Center and local elementary schools are committed to a continued effort in improving the education of our future leaders.
Jerold Ramos - America Counts Tutor at work!
- To motivate others, especially college-aged students, to work with their community schools to help bring about change in young students’ lives.
- To show how, through Service-Learning, everyone benefits. Whether it is the student who learns to read at a level higher, or the volunteer who learns that by helping one child succeed and learn, society has one more adult that can read and write.
For more information, contact:
Financial Aid Office
Aileen Conmigo Phuong