Financial Aid Ambassadors Serve As:
- Liaisons between the College, local high schools and community partners
- Assistants for financial aid activities such as workshops and Financial Aid Awareness Week
- College representatives at community events such as Cash for College and College Fairs
- Raise awareness of State and Federal Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources
- Encourage low-income and disadvantaged students to apply for financial aid
- Assist students (current and prospective) and their families in overcoming financial barriers
- Communicate with local feeder high schools, community organizations and the general public
Benefits of being a Financial Aid Ambassador
- Build leadership and public-speaking skills.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of financial aid and scholarship resources.
- Establish relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students at Skyline College.
- Develop relationships with four-year university representatives and community partners.
Classroom Presentations: Financial Aid Ambassadors are available to conduct classroom presentation on upcoming Financial Aid Office events and general financial aid information. We would love for our Financial Aid Ambassadors to present to your class and help encourage your students to apply for financial aid and scholarships!
Community Events: Financial Aid Ambassadors are available to give presentations, workshops and staff information tables.
If you are interested in having a Financial Aid Ambassador give a brief presentation to your classroom or attend your next event or activity, please email Jeremy Evangelista-Ramos.
Current Financial Aid Ambassadors
Claudia Acuna: Claudia graduated in 2011 from Colegio Dominico Santo Tomás de Aquino in El Salvador. She moved with her family to the United States in 2015 to pursue additional opportunities. Claudia is a first generation college student and enjoys working in the community. She has interned at the South San Francisco Public Libraries to assist in organizing the summer reading program that helps young children to improve their reading abilities. She is a new student and has quickly immersed herself into the Skyline College community. She is an active member of L.A.S.O., enjoys volunteering with the English Language Institute, and is committed to empowering others through education. Her goal is to complete her Associates Degree in Arts & Humanities and transfer in 2018. Claudia’s positive attitude and eagerness to help makes her an excellent Ambassador.
Please email the Financial Aid Ambassadors directly.