A basic philosophy at Skyline College is “Students First.” You are our first priority. Skyline’s counselors and staff are here to help you succeed in reaching your educational goals. An important part of our job is to provide you with the information and tools that you will need to be successful.
It is important that you know what services are available and how you might use Counseling Services to help you succeed as a student.Counselors at Skyline College can assist students with academic and career goals that include university transfer, associate degrees and/or vocational certificate completion. Meeting with a counselor at least once a semester is essential to your success.
Counselors can assist students of all majors with: setting educational and career goals, academic planning, progressing toward educational goals, creating a Student Educational Plan (SEP) , evaluating academic readiness and selecting courses, enhancing skills and strategies to succeed academically, and resolving personal concerns that interfere with college success
Academic Planning Services help you to:
- consider your educational options.
- review requirements for: Associate Degrees, Certificates, and transfer to a university.
- select appropriate courses to achieve your goals.
- solve academic problems such as probation, dismissal and difficulty in a particular course.
- know your rights and responsibilities as a student.
Career Planning Services help you to:
- explore your interests, values, skills, personality and goals.
- research and review career options.
- prepare for a job search.
- plan appropriate courses to reach your goals.
Personal Counseling Services help you with:
- problems that affect school performance.
- referrals to Student Psychological Services for any personal counseling need.
- referrals to college services and community resources.
Counseling Courses offer:
- Student Success and Study Skills
- Transfer Planning
- Career and Life Plannning