Cooperative Education / Internships
The Cooperative Education (Coop Ed) Program at Skyline College offers students the opportunity to earn elective units of credit for work experience. Employed students establish written job related goals with their work supervisors which are submitted to the assigned Cooperative Education Instructor. The Coop Ed student must work in the established goal areas and make measurable progress on each written goal during the course of the semester.
At the end of the semester the Coop Ed Student submits Coop Ed timesheets that reflect the hours worked during the semester. Student and supervisor evaluations of the written goals are completed at the end of the semester.
Students may earn a total of 16 Coop Ed units at Skyline College. A total of 16 Coop Ed units are transferable to the California State Universities (CSU).
How to Apply to Cooperative Education
In order to apply to Coop Ed, please submit the online application. Click on your assigned Cooperative Education Instructor below to submit the application:
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Gain realistic work experience that is meaningfully related to the student’s college study program.
- Acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential for successful employment.
- Demonstrate an increase in confidence and positive self-image through a worthwhile on-the job experience.
- Develop a professional network and clarify career goals.
- Fulfill the “experience required” stipulation associated with many job openings.
Coop Ed units apply toward the following:
- Social Security benefits
- Veteran's benefits
- Financial aid