Forms for Download

Veterans Statement of Responsibility

The Veteran's Statement of Responsibility   provides you with the guidelines you must follow while attending Skyline College. It lists a combination of Veterans Administration regulations and college policy, but is not fully inclusive.

Veterans Certification Request Form

If you are receiving your VA Educational Benefits, you must submit a completed Veterans Certification Request   form to our School Certifying Official team each semester you wish to use benefits. (complete this form after you have registered for classes).

You must also have an up-to-date Student Educational Plan (SEP) created by a Veterans Academic Counselor. Please note that only classes listed on your SEP and that are required for an approved program of study will be certified. No repeat courses can be certified.

Important Information 

Student Educational Plans

In order to receive your VA Educational Benefits, you must have all of your courses listed in your Student Educational Plan (SEP) that you complete with an academic counselor. You must frequently provide the VA Certifying Official with an updated copy of your SEP if you add or remove courses from you plan. If the VA Certifying Official does not have an up-to-date copy, you are at risk of decertification. 

Educational Objectives and Majors 

You must have an Educational Objective and major on file. You may change your educational objective (major) between semesters using your WebSMART account. Changing your objective requires obtaining a new SEP from an academic counselor. 

Chapter 30, 1606, 1607

Must contact the VA on the last day of each month or within the first week of each month to verify your enrollment. You can call (877) 823-2378 or go online at for enrollment verification. 

Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Only 

In order to collect a monthly allowance or portion of it, you must be certified for more than half-time in the fall and spring semesters and 6 units in the summer semester. If your certification drops to half-time or below, you will stop receiving a monthly payment. Veterans must be enrolled full-time to receive 100% of their Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) entitlement. Modality of the classes (resident vs distance) as well as start and end dates of classes (full semester length classes vs. short courses) may impact benefit amounts as well.

If you withdraw, drop, or receive a failing grade, this may lead to an overpayment and a debt. If an overpayment is created resulting in a debt you may be responsible for repaying the VA for tuition and fees, books, and housing allowance. The amount of the overpayment may vary depending on the date in which you withdraw, drop, or receive a failing grade. 

To identify specific benefit amount that you will receive, or the impact of your current benefit due to withdrawal, drop, or failing grade, it is recommend to contact the VA Education Benefits team at 1-888-442-4551. 

Chapter 31

It is important that you work with your VR&E program counselor to approve your program of study and issue a valid Purchase Order (PO) to the college for the program and for any changes in your adademic plans. Contact your VR&E program counselor with questions about benefit amount or impact of withdrawal, drop, or failing grade.