Welcome to the Writing & Reading Lab
What can I do at the Writing & Reading Lab?
- Receive one-on-one assistance with writing and reading assignments
- Learn how to use software applications that help you learn faster
- Attend our free workshops on writing essays and other composition papers, sentence construction, and parts of speech
- Check out the Resources and Study Tips section of this site for access to writing and grammar guides, advice on research and documentation, and valuable web links
Benefits to enrolling in an LSKL class and the Writing & Reading Lab:
- You can work with a peer or graduate tutor in the lab; you decide!
- You can drop-in for tutoring or make an appointment in person or online, see How to Make a Tutoring Appointment Online
- We help you with reading or writing assignments for any of your other courses
- LSKL classes are not graded
- LSKL 800 is credit/no credit, and LSKL 803 is a zero unit class
How Do I Enroll?
Sign up for LSKL 800 or LSKL 803 through WebSMART.
LSKL 803 (free, repeatable, zero units, non-degree applicable)
LSKL 800 (your choice of .5 or 1.0 units, see Webschedule for details)
Students can earn units of credit as follows:
- 0.5 unit = 24 hours = approximately 1 ½ hrs per week
- 1.0 unit = 48 hours = approximately 3 hrs per week