Application for Student Assistant
The Student Assistant Position in the Learning Center (TLC) is ideal for students who can work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Students who are looking for a job with high responsibility and opportunities to develop their professional competence should apply.
Your primary assignment will be in the Learning Center, welcoming new and continuing students, providing information and referrals to students and faculty, and helping students access the services provided in the Learning Center.
This is a part-time position.
- Enrolled in at least 6 units fall and spring, at least 3 units for summer at a college within the SMCCD (Skyline College, College of San Mateo, Canada College)
- Good academic standing
- Punctual and reliable, have good time management skills
- Proactive team member
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Skyline College’s resources for students
- Bilingual is a plus
- Take initiative for the improvement of Skyline College and TLC
- Work with a team of diverse people
- Assist Skyline students in achieving their educational goals
- Attend required meetings and trainings
IMPORTANT: To complete your application, submit all of the following documents!
- Provide a brief cover letter, explaining why you would like to be a Student Assistant and some of the qualities you will bring to the team.
- Provide an in-depth resume highlighting the positions and/or roles where you have successfully demonstrated your qualifications for this position.
- Provide an unofficial transcript -- this can be printed from WebSMART.
- Submit all the above items to Judith Cheung, Staff Assistant, Building 5, TLC.
Phone number: (650) 738-4144
- Complete all portions of the application form below: