Financial Aid Ambassadors Serve As:
- Liaisons between the College, local high schools and community partners
- Assistants for financial aid activities such as workshops and Financial Aid Awareness Week
- College representatives at community events such as Cash for College and College Fairs
- Raise awareness of State and Federal Financial Aid and Scholarship Resources
- Encourage low-income and disadvantaged students to apply for financial aid
- Assist students (current and prospective) and their families in overcoming financial barriers
- Communicate with local feeder high schools, community organizations and the general public
Benefits of being a Financial Aid Ambassador
- Build leadership and public-speaking skills.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of financial aid and scholarship resources.
- Establish relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students at Skyline College.
- Develop relationships with four-year university representatives and community partners.
Interested in becoming a Financial Aid Campus Ambassador? We are currently seeking two (2) Financial Aid Campus Ambassadors to join our team and have the opportunity to work students, staff/faculty and the community. You may download and fill out the application and return it to our Financial Office or Patricia Flores.
Classroom Presentations: Financial Aid Ambassadors are available to conduct classroom presentation on upcoming Financial Aid Office events and general financial aid information. We would love for our Financial Aid Ambassadors to present to your class and help encourage your students to apply for financial aid and scholarships!
Community Events: Financial Aid Ambassadors are available to give presentations, workshops and staff information tables.
If you are interested in having a Financial Aid Ambassador give a brief presentation to your classroom or attend your next event or activity, please email Patricia Flores.
Financial Aid Ambassador
Jonathan Scott graduated in 2021 from Oceana High School in Pacifica California. He is now a full-time student at Skyline College working towards his history degree for transfer to a UC or CSU. Jonathan is a dedicated and hardworking student, who is also a student at Skyline’s Promise Program. He is excited to be returning to in person college classes in the spring of 2022. Jonathan enjoys working in the financial aid office as an Campus Ambassador, and hopes to assist more students in an in-person and remote environment.