College Central Network
Skyline College Career Services Center uses College Central Network as its official job search and resume system. The site is available any time to students, alumni, and employers at www.collegecentral.com/skylinecollege.
- Apply to jobs and internship/co-op opportunities posted exclusively for students, and search other opportunities via Jobs Central® and Intern Central® national job boards.
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make them available to employers.
- Access an events calendar and career/job search advice documents, podcasts, videos and more.
- Review career fair information and company recruitment visits
- Employers can search for talented students and alumni, and post unlimited jobs for free.
Other Online Job Search Tools
A number of online resources are available to Skyline College students to help them learn more about the employment industry and find a job.
- Eureka - "A Goldmine of Career and Educational Information" that has been helping students plan their careers for over 30 years
- O*Net Online – A great resource which analyzes employment trends by state and region and provides information about education, salary and typical duties associated with thousands of occupations.
- Indeed.com – Search by location, job or salary.
- GlassDoor.com - Helps you find a job and company that matches your expectations. The site lists reviews, salaries and benefits from employees, along with interview questions from candidates.
- InternBound – An innovative new site that may help you find an internship.
- LearnPsychology.org - The college student's guide to pre-professional psychology opportunities.
- Nursing.org - A forum to support aspiring nurses with their day-to-day activities and future aspirations.
- MyNextMove.org - A site to help connect your college major to a career.
- CareerZone - A proven, successful career exploration and planning system designed especially for students.
- Best Colleges - The site supports the exploratory component of the career search, providing information on Educational occupations.
- College Central - College Central is an interactive tool that links employers with prospective job candidates through college-based Career Centers.
How To Pick A Major - A three minute video on five easy steps for choosing a college major.
Career Cafe - A three and a half minute video on how to pair your academic pathway with a career and easy tips on how to get started with planning your career.
- LinkedIn Tutorial - How to have a productive business network using LinkedIn.