Guidelines for Skyline Shines Submissions
Please follow the guidelines below when drafting and submitting articles to be included in Skyline Shines:
- Send submission to email@example.com
- Submit your article by 2:00 p.m. on Thursdays; articles received after this time will appear in the following week's issue.
- Attach pictures to be included in the article to the email. Please do not paste them in the Word document.
- Please submit photos that are less than 1Mb in size.
- Don’t forget to add a headline/title to the article.
- Please make sure to indicate who wrote the article and who took the photos. We like to give writer and photographer credits.
- Use the following commonly accepted abbreviations: a.m. or p.m. (i.e. The event will be held from 8:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The workshop is scheduled to run from 9:30 a.m.-Noon.)
- Spell out whole numbers up to (and including) nine (e.g., zero, one, 10, 96, 104).
- If a sentence begins with a number, spell out the number or rewrite the sentence.
- Use the month, date, a comma and the year to indicate the date (i.e., March 4, 2011 not March 4th, 2011 or March 2nd, 2011).
- Add the word College when you refer to the name Skyline (i.e., Skyline College instead of Skyline).
Do you have a suggestion?
For state level information on community colleges, see these websites:
Skyline Shines Archives
If you would like to discontinue receiving this newsletter, please notify us and we will remove you from the distribution list.