The Career Services Center offers both the SII (Strong Interest Inventory) and MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Career Assessments:
The Strong Interest Inventory (SII) is a self assessment instrument that career development professionals, for example career counselors, use to help high school and college students, as well as adults, discover their interests. They can then use this information to assist with career and educational decision-making.
The Strong Interest Inventory contains 291 items that ask users about their preferences in regard to occupations, subject areas, activities, leisure activities, people and characteristics.
The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions.
If you are interested in completing a career assessment you must:
- Make an appointment with a career counselor by calling 650-738-4298 or visiting the Career Center in Building 1 Room 1219B
- Your career counselor will introduce the assessments and answer any questions you may have.
- Complete the career assessment at the Career Center or at home on your computer.
- Wait 2 days from the completion of your assessment for our center to receive your results.
- Schedule an appointment with your career counselor to interpret the results of your assessments.