District Vehicle Use
Administration, Staff and Faculty of Skyline College may use San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) vans to transport students and faculty/staff on approved district-related trips. Field trips for classes and learning communities and transportation for athletic teams to competitions are examples of some commonly approved uses for District vans. Only SMCCCD employees are allowed to drive District vehicles.
Please Note: Use of District vehicles requires approval by your department supervisor at least three weeks prior to the event. The athletic teams have first priority for the use of Skyline College’s vans, so to confirm van availability be sure to plan ahead.
How to reserve an SMCCCD van
- Read and update the Vehicle Use Summary form with your supervisor's contact information and submit a copy to your supervisor (keep a copy with you while driving).
- You must be approved by the DMV as having a clean driving record. Complete the DMV form and submit it to the District Office by U.S. Regular Mail only.
Human Resources Department
Attn: Anahi Aguilar
3401 CSM Drive
San Mateo, CA 94402
- You must watch the SMCCCD safety video for driving District vehicles.
- Carefully read the Motor Vehicle Operations and Safety Guidelines and the SMCCCD Board Policy 8.45 Transportation on District-Sponsored Activities document .
- Sign and submit the Skyline College Use of District Vehicles form to your supervisor.
Note: if you are in an accident involving an SMCCCD vehicle, you must complete the Report of Accident form and submit it to District Office Human Resources Representative Anahi Aguilar at the address above.