Meta Majors Launch at Skyline CollegeWed, 15 August, 2018 at 11:07 am
- Arts, Languages & Communication
- Business, Entrepreneurship & Management
- Science, Technology & Health
- Society & Education
- Meta Majors organize all the degrees and certificates at Skyline College into four categories.
- These categories, or Meta Majors, provide a starting point for students who don’t know what they want to study to find a major that’s right for them.
- These categories allow students to use their interests as guides when selecting a major.
How did this work get completed?
The Meta Majors are launching after extensive user testing, inquiry and hard work by faculty and staff. This work is designed to help improve the graduation rate, which hovers at about 14% for first time, full-time students over 3 years, and varies greatly across different student populations – meta majors are intended to raise this statistic by streamlining major selection.
Over the last two years, the Design Team has facilitated workshops, flex day activities, campus forums, campus-wide division meetings, work team meetings, and student focus groups that have laid the foundation for the Meta Major work.