Make a Funding Request
The ASSC Governing Council recognizes that clubs, organizations, faculty and staff often propose programs that will benefit the entire campus but are beyond the financial means of their budgets. For this reason the Governing Council budgets a limited amount of funds to help support and cosponsor these activities on campus. Student Clubs within the Skyline Organization and Club Council (SOCC) may apply for a grant of $500.00 per semester. For requests less than or equal to $500, apply to the SOCC. For requests greater than $500, request funds from the ASSC. If you are not a SOCC member, you must make all funding requests to the ASSC regardless of amount.
Steps to apply to the ASSC for funding:
- Submit a complete online Funding Request Form at least 4 weeks in advance of the event/purchase.
- Your form is sent to the appropriate ASSC Executive Council member.
- Your request is then reviewed by the ASSC Vice President and Advisors.
- Your designated contact person will then be notified of the date and time that your proposal will be up for consideration before the ASSC Governing Council.
- At the ASSC Governing Council meeting, your representative will read your proposal, answer questions, and clarify or provide any additional information not clearly stated in requests for funding.
- If the proposal is approved the event should then be advertised as a cosponsored activity. This means that all flyers, banners, billets, newspaper ads and any other advertising for the event must display the following phrase, “co-sponsored by the Associated Students of Skyline College.”
Please Note: The ASSC has experienced a reduction of income of approximately $20,000 due to a change in Student Body Fee Receivables. The budget as a whole and specifically for Outside Requests has had to be significantly reduced. In order to accommodate everyone, we ask that you consider this setback when making funding requests and make sure to submit your request as soon as possible. All requests will be considered on a first come, first serve basis. Please keep in mind the council is likely to be strict in what it chooses to support financially, but we still welcome all requests and will try to accommodate each one as the budget allows.
Funding Information from the ASSC Constitution
For additional information, see ASSC Constitution Code 4. Financial Code, Article 2, ASSC Club Grants.
The ASSC is authorized to provide a grant program for all recognized clubs on campus for requests that exceed $500.00. All requests under $500.00 should be addressed at the SOCC meetings. See Bylaw 7
A recognized club must have the following information on file at the Center for Student Life:
- A faculty advisor (completed Advisor Contract)
- An approved constitution
- A current dub roster
- The student group must have met the minimum requirements to be considered an officially recognized club/organization
Criteria for Grant:
- Not to exceed $1000.00.
- Grants available not more than once academic year
- Clubs / Organizations must finance a minimum of 20% to 50% of the event to show a vested interest in the project.
- 20% investment is required for groups whose trust account has a balance below $500.00
- 50% investment is required for groups whose trust account has balance above $500.00
- Grants must be applied to an activity that would be of interest to the general student body.
- Admission charges must allow for student body cardholders to receive a discount price.
- The grant request must be presented to Council a minimum of four weeks prior to the activity.
- A two-thirds (2/3) vote of council is necessary for grant approval.
- A completed ASSC Requisition with necessary paperwork attached must be signed by the following individuals of the club requesting the funding; Advisor, President/Chair, Treasurer and two Club members at large in order to complete the transfer of funds.
- All advertising for the event must include the name of the ASSC as a supporter of the event.
- For additional information about procedures for requesting funding, refer to Code 6, Section 4 of the ASSC Constitution.