In order to achieve our Mission, Vision, and Values, Skyline College regularly reflects on its practices to best serve students and the larger community. What and how the College evaluate its practices is established internally as well as determined by outside agencies, and actions are taken to address any issues that arise. Below are brief descriptions of the main levels of inquiry, and related links.
- The Program Review Cycle: Programs evaluate their current state, drawing from program data, SLO assessment results, and other sources. From these findings, they strategize as well as request needed resources to enhance program effectiveness. Both the Annual Program Plan and Comprehensive Program Review, which is conducted every six years, inform the Administrative Leadership Unit Review.
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment : Instructional units assess courses every three years and program SLOs every six years. Student service units assess PSLOs every three years.
- The Skyline College Scorecard: Skyline College translates the Mission, Vision, and Values into meaningful indicators that are directly connected to the College Strategic Goals and Initiatives. It serves as a guidepost for strategic planning
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes (ISLOs): Skyline College adopted five ISLOs for all students who attain an AA/AS degree. Each is assessed with a common rubric within a three-year time-frame by a sample of faculty whose classes map up to the ISLO. Results are reviewed in Town Halls hosted by the Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
California Community College Chancellor's Office
- Datamart: Skyline College draws from reports relevant to their deliberations. Reports on the CCCCO website pertain to a range of topics, from student achievement and transfer to headcount.
- Vision for Success: Skyline College integrated the CCCCO goals into its Scorecard.
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC): Skyline College is accredited by the ACCJC, a division of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Accreditation demonstrates to the public that the college is of high quality and is endorsed by its peer colleges.